Guan-Cheng Sun, PhD
Founder of the Institute of Qigong & Integrative Medicine
Topic: Energy Medicine and Qigong
Energy medicine is defined as the system of energetic practice which empowers the body to heal itself and to facilitate the healing process of others. It involves appropriate management and regulation of all energetic and informational communications and interactions within and without the body in the process of self-healing and healing others. Energy Medicine works with subtle forms of energy including verifiable energies (such as sound, magnetic force, electricity, electromagnetic radiation, light) and putative energy fields or bioenergy fields, known as Qi (or Chi) that exist in and around the human body. Dr. Sun will illuminate the functions of the energy medicine modalities such as Qigong, Reiki, Acupuncture, Tai Chi and their synergistic effects through providing background on his own healing experience and the experience of helping others to heal themselves. He will also provide a specific focus on how Qigong facilitates self-healing and the healing process of others from his personal experiential understanding and scientific research.
Objectives: Upon completion of this presentation, participants will acquire:
- A general knowledge base about the modalities within Energy Medicine
- An understanding of the difference between Qigong and Reiki, as well as between Qigong and Tai Chi
- An understanding of the synergistic effects between different energy medicine modalities such as Qigong and Reiki or Qigong and Tai Chi
- General knowledge of the principles of energy medicine
- Experience with simple tools for self-care such as acupuncture points and Qigong movements, as Dr. Sun leads participants through some basic energetic exercises
Space is limited! Register to ensure your place at the “How We Heal – A Holistic Approach to Health and Wellness Conference”. The all day event will be held on April 9, 2015 at the Nashua Country Club.