Mathew Hand, D.O.
Pediatric Nephrologist and Director of Integrative Medicine at the New Hampshire Hospital for
Children at the Elliot Hospital.
Topic: "Nurturing the Seeds" Changing Pediatric Health Care 180 Degrees
- The Participant will learn what Integrative Medicine is and its Prevalence and Effectiveness in the Pediatric Population.
- The Participant will learn how the wellness based concepts of integrative medicine can be used in a Pediatric Practice
- The Participant will recognize current environmental factors that have led to an epidemic of conditions in our Pediatric Population.
- The Participant will understand the practice of chronic wellness.
- The Participant will learn a more wellness approach vs. disease approach.
- Dr. Hand will emphasize the importance of changing how we deliver and provide Pediatric Health Care in order to effectively care for our most vulnerable. He will provide what a 180 Degree Change will look like.
Dr. Mathew Hand graduated from Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1989. He did his pediatric residency and chief residency at Maine Medical Center. Dr Hand then completed his fellowship in pediatric nephrology at Children's Hospital in Boston. Subsequently he developed the pediatric nephrology division at the Barbara Bush Children's hospital at Maine Medical Center. In 2008 he graduated from Dr Andrew Weil's fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona and created the pediatric integrative medicine division at Maine Medical Center. In 2011 Dr Hand was hired by New Hampshire's Hospital for Children at the Elliot Hospital to develop the pediatric nephrology division and to create a children's hospital with integrative medicine as its cornerstone. He has been featured in a number of international television shows including 20/20, the Discovery Channel and the Oprah Winfrey Show.
Space is limited! Register to ensure your place at the “How We Heal – A Holistic Approach to Health and Wellness Conference”. The all day event will be held on Friday, October 20, 2017 Crowne Plaza Hotel.